Custom Videos can be added to Fusion courses to help support the course material and to make the course a little more personal for your users.
Using the upgraded MetaLearning Elements library, you can browse the available content, add this to your course as required, and now, also upload your own Custom Videos.
- First of all, follow the steps outlined within the following article to begin the course creation - MetaLearning 6.0 - How Do I Create a Fusion Course? – MetaCompliance
When you are then ready to add your Custom Video, select the +Add Learning Elements option within the relevant section on your course.
- Next, select Custom under the available Elements:
Once selected, you will then have the option to either:
- Select any previously uploaded videos, or
- Upload new
(1) If the required video has been previously uploaded, you can select the Add + option to insert this video into your Course.
(2) If the video has not been previously uploaded, then you can follow the steps below to add this option.
- Select Add Custom:
- To add your video, enter the relevant information into the required fields:
- Name: Enter the video Name to help users understand what the video relates to.
- Description: Enter the video Description to help your Administrators understand its purpose.
- Participation Points: These are awarded to users when they successfully complete their required content. You can assign points to any user who successfully reviews the video.
- Choose Language: Select the relevant language the video has been created in.
- Keywords: Enter any relevant keywords linked to the video.
- Categories: Select the relevant Category that the video relates to.
- Translated Name: When adding videos in multiple languages, the 'Name', 'Participation Points' and 'Category' fields must remain the same across all languages. However, the 'Translated Name' option allows you to enter the video Name in the relevant language. If you are only using one language, you can copy the video Name from the 'Name' field into the 'Translated Name'.
- Upload File: Locate the relevant video and select Upload.
- Duration: This will automatically populate with the duration of your uploaded video.
- Closed Captions: If your video has subtitles, upload these via the 'Closed Captions' option.
- Transcript: If your video has a related transcript, upload it using this option.
- Image: You have the option to upload an image that relates to the video, or you can simply keep the preselected image.
Once you have populated all relevant fields, select Add Media to upload your video into Fusion.
- If you have not chosen to upload your own video image, you will be asked to confirm that you accept the default image. Click Confirm to proceed, and your video will be uploaded to the Elements Library.
- To add the video into your Course, select Add, and then, click Done.
- Continue with your course creation, and when ready, select Finish to complete and publish the course to users.