Get instant support with our search!
DSAR Register Management - How Do I Add, Delete and Hide Register Fields?
To add or delete register fields, navigate to Tools>Privacy>DSAR Register Management.
- You will be presented with a list of existing registers. Click on the Edit button beside the relevant register to open the Register Editor page.
- Next, click on the relevant tab you want to customise.
1. To add a new field: At the bottom of each section, you will see a blue Add field by type button. Simply select a relevant field type from the available list, as shown below:
- Text Input
- Single Select
- Multi Select
- Radio Button
- Date Picker
- File Upload
- Once the field has been added, click the 'Pencil' icon to edit the field:
- From here, you will be able to edit the Field Name; also, for Single Select, Multi Select and Radio Button field types, you can enter new drop-down options for the register text:
- To add new drop-down options, click the green Add Option button, and a new option drop-down will appear.
- Click on the Register Text and Survey Text. Delete the information shown, and add your own text.
Remember to click the blue 'Tick' button to add your new option, and then the Save & Close button:
2. To delete a field, simply click the 'Dustbin' icon beside the field:
A warning message will appear asking you to confirm deletion. Be aware that, if the field you are deleting has already been responded to, the data will be lost.
Tip - You can check if the field has previously been responded to by searching within the Subject Access Request Reporting.
3. To hide a field, click the 'Pen' icon, then uncheck the Visible button which appears in the Edit Field pop-up window. Remember to click Save & Close.
Hiding the field will remove the field from view within the main register page. Within Register Management, any fields that have the green spot are visible, and any with the red spot are hidden.
Note: When you are finished customising the register, remember to save to overall register by clicking Save at the top or bottom of the Register Editor.