When loading the MetaCompliance Outlook Web Phish Reporter Add-in, you are met with this error:
1. Determine if your browser is using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer to render your Add-ins
The below Microsoft article may help in determining this:
1.1 If your system uses Microsoft Edge
Sometimes this error can be caused by the Microsoft Desktop App Web Viewer becoming corrupted. You can take the below steps to reinstall the module:
- Close all Office modules, including Outlook.
- Run the following command on your machine with elevated privileges:
powershell Add-AppxPackage -register -disable c:\windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Win32WebViewHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppxManifest.xml
- Restart any Office module, and load the FYI Add-in to check the issue is resolved.
If the above steps do not help in resolving the error, you can follow the below steps to repair the Microsoft Edge WebView2 application:
- On the affected machine, open Control Panel.
- Select Programs.
- Select Programs and Features.
- In the list of programs, locate 'Microsoft EdgeWebView2 Runtime'.
- Right-click over Microsoft EdgeWebView2 Runtime.
- Select Change.
- On the pop-up, select Repair.
- Check if the Add-In now loads as expected.
1.2 If your system uses Internet Explorer
If your system uses Internet Explorer, please ensure that you are updated to the latest available version.
This Microsoft article may assist in ensuring you are on the most up-to-date version of Internet Explorer.
If upgrading Internet Explorer is not an option, you can try enabling Protected Mode.
To enable 'Protected Mode', you can follow the below steps:
- Close Outlook and all opened browsers.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools.
- Click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select Internet Sites zone.
- Select Enable Protected Mode.
- Click OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Open Outlook, and try to reproduce the error received from the Add-In.
- If the issue persists, reboot your computer, reopen Outlook and try to reproduce the error from the Add-In.