You first need to add the field into the register via Field Management. (Please refer to Incident Field Management - How Do I Add, Delete and Hide Register Fields?)
Once added, follow the steps below:
1. To add a register field to your Incident Assessments, navigate to Incident>Assessment Creator.
There will be 2 assessments in here:
- Report Incident: This allows for Incidents to be reported by end users via the homepage.
- Reported Incident Assessment: Allows for Incident Officers/admins to manage the lifecycle of the incident after it has been reported.
Click on the Edit button in the relevant assessment, and then click the relevant section you want the question to appear in.
- Next, click Add>Question.
2a. When updating the 'Report Incident' template
If you are updating the 'Report Incident' template, select the Incident Register Field you have added (within Field Management) along with updating the question text, description and guidance (which is optional).
2b. Updating the 'Reported Incident Assessment' template
If you are updating the 'Reported Incident Assessment' template, select Master Register Field as the 'Question Type'; then select the Incident Register Field you have added (within Field Management) along with updating the question text, description and guidance (which is optional).
Note: Selecting a Master Register Field as your question type will ensure that the question is reportable within the Incident Reporting engine. Other question types are typically used for question logic and to gather extra information on the Incident; however, these are not reportable.
- Click Add Question, and it will then appear at the bottom of the selected section. You can move the question position by clicking and dragging the question to the relevant position in the section.
- Remember to click the green 'Save' button before exiting the Assessment Creator page. Once the assessment has been saved, you will see the updates within the live assessment.