Get instant support with our search!
Incident Field Management - How Do I Add, Delete and Hide Fields?
To add or delete register fields, navigate to Tools > Incident > Field Management.
- You will be presented with a list of existing registers. Click on the 'Edit' button beside the relevant register to open the Register Editor page.
- Next, click on the relevant tab you wish to customise.
1. To Add a New Field
At the bottom of each section, you will see a blue 'Add field by type' button. Simply select a relevant field type from the available list, as shown below:
- Text Input
- Single Select
- Multi Select
- Radio Button
- Date Picker
- File Upload
- Once the field has been added, click the 'Pen' icon to edit it:
- From here, you will be able to edit the Field Name; also, for Single Select, Multi Select and Radio Button Field types, you can enter new drop-down options for both the Register and Survey Text.
- To add new drop-down options, click the green 'Add Option' button, and a new Option drop-down will appear.
- Click on the Register Text and Survey Text; delete the information shown, and add your own text.
- (See this article for further information on the difference between Register Text and Survey Text?)
- Remember to click the blue 'Tick' button to add your new option, and then select Save & Close.
2. To Delete a Field
- Simply click the 'Bin' icon beside the field:
- A warning message will appear asking you to confirm deletion. Be aware that, if the field you are deleting has already been responded to in a survey/data entity, the data will be lost.
- (Note: If the field has been added to an Incident Assessment, it cannot be deleted, but can be hidden - see point 3 below to find out how to hide a field.)
- Tip - you can check if the field has previously been responded to by searching within Incident Reporting:
3. To Hide a Field
- Click the 'Pen' icon, then uncheck the 'Visible' button which appears in the 'Edit Field' pop-up window. Remember to click Save & Close.
- Hiding the field will remove it from view within the main register page. Within Field Management, those fields that have the green spot are visible, and those with the red spot are hidden:
- Note: When you are finished customising the register, remember to save to the overall register by clicking Save at the top or bottom of the Register Editor.