Get instant support with our search!
Register Management - How Do I Add, Delete and Hide Register Fields?
To add or delete register fields, navigate to Tools > Privacy > Register Management where you will be presented with a list of existing registers.
- Click on the 'Edit' button beside the relevant register to open the Register Editor page.
- Next, click on the relevant tab that you want to customise.
1. Add a New Field
At the bottom of each section, you will see a blue 'Add field by type' button.
- Simply select a relevant field type from the available list, as shown below:
- Text Input
- Single Select
- Multi Select
- Radio Button
- Date Picker
- File Upload
- Once the field has been added, select the 'Pencil' icon to edit the field:
- From here, you will be able to edit the Field Name.
- Also, for Single Select, Multi Select and Radio Button field types, you can enter new drop-down options for the register and survey text.
- To add new drop-down options, click the green 'Add Option' button, and a new 'option' drop-down will appear.
- Click on Register Text and Survey Text; delete the information shown and add your own text.
- Remember to click the blue 'Tick' icon to add your new option, followed by Save & Close.
2. Delete a Field
- Simply click the 'Dustbin' icon beside the field:
- A warning message will appear asking you to confirm deletion. Be aware that, if the field you are deleting has already been responded to in a survey/data entity, the data will be lost.
- Tip - you can check if the field has previously been responded to by searching within Privacy Reporting.
3. Hide a Field
- Click the 'Pen' icon, and then uncheck the 'Visible' button which appears in the Edit Field pop-up window.
- Remember to click Save & Close.
- Hiding the field will remove the field from view within the main register page.
- Within Register Management, any fields that have the green spot are visible, and any with the red spot are hidden.
Note: When you are finished customising the register, remember to save to overall register by clicking Save at the top or bottom of the Register Editor.