There are a number of options that will allow you to send an Unpublished Policy to your required users.
- Log in to your MyCompliance admin account.
- For new policies, go to Products>Policy>Create, and begin creating a new policy.
For existing unpublished policies, go to Products>Policy>Policies in Progress>Find the policy> Actions column> Options > View Policy.
- Go to the Target tab, select required users, and then publish the policy:
Users can be presented under the Target tab in a number of ways:
- Email-Based & Federated Users: users who have been added to the system as email-based users will be located under the Non-Domain Users folder. Users will be available in a flat list format for selection; or, if you have already added the users to Users groups, the User Groups will be presented here instead.
- Ticking the top level of a group will target the policy to all users.
- Ticking the top level of a group will ensure that any new users who join that group are automatically targeted with the Policy.
- Users can be members of multiple groups; however, they will only receive one policy if assigned.
- Empty groups cannot be targeted, and may break the structure of your assigned targets.
- Active Directory Sync Users: if users have been added to the platform via the Active Directory Sync, they will appear exactly like your Active Directory Structure under your Organisation's Domain name.
Users will be located in their parent Organisational Unit and available for targeting; or, if you have already set up Collectives, you can choose the relevant Collective from the Assigned Collectives drop-down.
- Ticking the top level of an Organisational Unit or Collective will target the policy to all users.
- Ticking the top level of an Organisational Unit or Collective will ensure that any new users who join that Organisational Unit or Collective are automatically targeted with the Policy.
- Empty Organisational Units cannot be targeted, and may break the structure of your assigned targets.
- SCIM Users: users added via System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) Provisioning will be presented in both a list format and in their assigned Group structure. Under the Users tab, you will find a full list of all users, with additional refinement options. Under the Groups tab, you will find all Groups that have been synced to the platform, and you can select Show Member(s) to view the users located in these groups.
- On the Users tab, if you have ticked the top level tick box to select all Users or Groups, all selected will be targeted; however, if new users are added to the platform, they will not automatically be targeted. You can use the Update Targets functionality to add or remove users from the Policy.
- On the Users tab, if you have refined by Department and selected the top level tick box, all current and new users with the assigned Department will be automatically assigned the Policy.
- On the Groups tab, if you tick the top level of a SCIM Group, all existing and new users will be automatically targeted with the Policy.